It was an amazing day of learning and collaboration yesterday at the Fall Network Leaders Meeting. What a treat to have the meeting hosted at ArtStarts in downtown Vancouver – a beautiful location and space to boost curiosity and creative thinking! It was a packed house with over 40 educators volunteering their time to come together, share resources and strategies, and work together on our shared vision of:
- Forms for submitting your school’s inquiry focus for 2015 – 2016 will be available very soon. We’re streamlining the forms this year to make submitting easier.
- The Lead the Change Series articles from the American Educational Research Association Education Change Special Interest Group (see the column on right side of page). Watch for Helen Timperley’s article in October. These are great resources for staff/Network meetings.
- Neat info about Learning Maps out of New Zealand
- The Ministry of Education’s new Resource Guide on Aboriginal Worldviews and Perspectives in the Classroom
- A formative assessment learning event happening in Nanaimo on October 26th (more info here)
- DASH BC will be launching Healthy Schools Week starting October 5th, with school grant opportunities being announced on October 6th.